The Original American Malcontent

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Counterproductive

I have to appologize, see I haven't written anything in the past well since the 15th. What's going on - girls. This brings up a good point and some questions. First of all love or the seeking of it is counterproductive to the cause. They say all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, but lately it's been all play and no work and that makes Jack a dull, complaicent, lazy and uninspired boy. So how do you draw a balance? I've always argued that the well fed will never revolt, and here's the proof. I've been spending all of my spare moments with a new girl I just met and I'm so damn distracted and preoccupied that I have temporarily lost my will to fight - why - because I'm happy and comfortable. So it's no wonder when we live in a country that keeps most Americans fed just enough and with enough distractions to keep them docile. I firmly believe that if we are ever going to achieve a popular movement for revolution against unfettered capitalism that the people are really going to have to suffer, before they gain the will, but with distractions like TV, Sports, Music, Food, Love, etc. I'm not sure it's ever going to happen. Of course you might argue that if everyone is happy, then why change anything? Because it's corrupt duh! Anyway, I hope I can be back here soon, with good stories and commentary and in the meantime please forgive my humanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home